MEMO - COVID 19 Public Health Guidelines
New Office Procedures:
At Dr. Brad A. MacNeil Private Practice Inc. your health, safety and comfort are our priority. Here are some steps we are taking in light of current public health guidelines. These guidelines will be posted in the waiting room as well as hand hygiene guidelines. Our new office procedures follow the approved guidelines by Nova Scotia Public Health and the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology (NSBEP).
- The majority of appointments continue to be done using Tele-psychology options. When in person visits are necessary, prior to each appointment all patients will be asked to complete a COVID-19 screen using the Nova Scotia Public Health screener used at 811. This will be sent via email with their appointment reminder.
- We ask that if you are experiencing any symptoms listed by Nova Scotia Public Health (e.g., fever, new dry cough etc.) that you cancel your appointment with 48 hours notice. We can either re-book or provide a Telepsychology visit.
- The historic properties in which our office is located have taken measures in line with public health guidelines that can be found at the entrance to the property for your health and safety.
- As of July 31, 2020 non surgical masks are required in any indoor spaces in Nova Scotia including all areas of the building in which the private practice is located. This includes the office during appointments.
- You will notice decals and marking in the building for physical distancing guidelines.
- Appointments are still being attended via Telepsychology (Zoom, phone) and at the patients request.
- In the event of an in person appointment they scheduled to eliminate any wait in our office at this time. We also have the option of waiting in your car until your appointment starts.
- Dr. MacNeil, R. Psych. is a solo practitioner in the office so the office typically does not have anyone in it.
- Our program secretary has shifted to virtual hours and will not be in the office at the time of your appointment.
- Hand sanitizer is located in the office for you to use both prior to and at the end of the appointment.
- The waiting room and office are cleaned as per the recommended guidelines by Nova Scotia Public Health.
- The entire office has been spaced out and items removed to allow for patients and Dr. MacNeil, R. Psych to be at a physical distance of 2 meters during the appointment. You will note that we have these measurements marked with red tape for you.
- All patient paperwork is now all completed digitally.
- All patient documents and receipts will be provided digitally.
- We will not be providing any tissue or other items due to infection control at this time.
*Note: Effective July 24, 2020 all patients are now required to wear a non surgical mask to any in person appointments. Dr. MacNeil, R. Psych will be wearing a non surgical mask for each appointment.